The Idiot Speaks

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Third day at the new job.

Shortly after I arrived in the training room, the receptionist walked in and handed the trainer a note. The trainer asked me, "Did you park in a spot marked 'Reserved for (the name of the company I work for)?'" "Yes", I replied. "Those are only for executives, could you please move you car?" "Now?", I replied. "Yes, now", she said.

When I reached my car, I noticed that there were 10-15 empty spaces right next to my car which were not marked. I was flabbergasted.

Later, we were shown how to clock in and out on their web-based time clock. We where then informed that if we were more than ten minutes late, it was considered an "occurrence". Eleven "occurrences" is grounds for termination. I asked if my parking in the executive spot was an "occurrence". I was relieved to find that it wasn't...this time. In the future it would be.

I hate the corporate world. It's modeled after a Stalinist regime, and I've chosen to be there. Well, at least they can't legally kill me...yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home